The Chair-from Mommy

A long time ago, when I got my first apartment without roommates, I had some sweet friends who gave me some furniture. I still have one of the pieces of furniture: a chair. My friend, Lana, gave it to me. I lost touch with Lana years ago, but in case she ever stumbles upon our blog...thank you, Lana!


After Jeff and I got married, I recovered the chair with a tablecloth from TJMaxx.  Here's the fabric it had when Lana gave it to me:

And here's the fabric I used to recover it in 1999 or 2000.  (I still have the top fabric because I cut it apart to use it for the pattern for the new cushion covers.  I'm glad I saved it so I could use the pattern again!)

I found this tablecloth at Target recently.  It's not the perfect match for the green in the playroom, but for $4.24, I couldn't protest.  It seems only fitting to use a tablecloth for the second recovering project.

Here's what the chair looks like now.  Not bad for a free chair.  And I have to mention...this project was a little like making a quilt.  I only do it every 8-10 years because it takes me that long to forget that it's not my favorite thing to do.

I've been spending more time at the sewing machine than usual, so we have a lot of pictures to catch up on.  We'll work on that later today.

No comments: