Daddy's Birthday

On Friday, Daddy had his 34th birthday.  I helped him celebrate, and so did the friends at his work, and so did family and other friends.  Everybody helped Daddy have a great birthday.  Luckily, he brought home his balloons so that I could play with them.  Here I am, first thing in the morning, wearing my PJs.


Mommy and I gave Daddy two cookbooks for his birthday:  a Thai cookbook and an Indian cookbook.  One great thing about where we live is that we can find lots of interesting ingredients at our regular grocery store, and there are also lots of little international markets that carry all kinds of exotic things.  Daddy used some new flavors to make us a fantastic dinner.

You might not know that my dad has been saving for a Wii since Christmas.  He finally saved enough to get one and found one on Craigslist.  So, we spent some time learning to use it.  My parents are not great at following directions, though.  When we turned on the Wii, there were directions on the TV for making sure that the safety strap of the control is around your wrist.  Mommy and Daddy ignored those directions, so I showed them what to do.  After that, I mostly watched them play.  I think I'll learn how to play soon...when I'm four.

1 comment:

The Frugal Muse said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff! Wish we were there to celebrate with you!

Ha ha- that is so funny about Jonathan showing you guys how to use the Wii correctly. Love it.