So Far, So Good: from Mommy

I had my 18-week appointment today and brought Jonathan with me.  I thought he'd enjoy hearing the baby's heartbeat.  The midwife let us take a good long, listen.  Anytime she found the heartbeat, the baby would wiggle away from her.  Apparently he/she was not in the mood to be pushed around.  The midwife said that the baby moved a lot and that the heartbeat accelerated with the baby's movement, which was good.  "So far, so good," she said.  She showed Jonathan her little Doppler as well as where his heartbeat is, which I thought was really nice.


I'll have another checkup in four weeks along with an ultrasound.  We'll be excited about that one!  We're all very thankful that all seems to be well with the baby.

I'll be posting soon about our weekend.  I left Thursday morning for a wonderful extended weekend with three dear friends and returned Sunday afternoon.  Jeff and Jonathan had some adventures of their own while I was gone.  We all had a wonderful time, but we're happy to be back together at home.

No comments: