Snowshoeing and Pronouns

For those of you who have been following my pronoun progress, guess what-I have my "I" and "you" correct now about 3/4 of the time.  I usually get them wrong if someone asks how I am, and I answer, "You're good."  Also I get them wrong most of the time when I tell someone what animal I'm pretending to be, as in, "You're a slug with ears."  Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well now.  I've also figured out how to use grownup phrases like "Grandma and I."


Even with all this progress, I still have trouble with words that start with s-blends, like snow and steep.  (The sh-sound works for me, though.)  So, with that in mind, I should tell you that yesterday we went "so-shoeing."  We had a really fun time in the "so."  Daddy led us to a beautiful place for lunch, but it took a big climb to get there.  I told Daddy, "May I please not have it be so 'seep!'"  But it was still steep.  We at our lunch up at the top, and I said...

"May I please have Mommy wear two 'so-shoes!'"  Mommy had lost a snowshoe on the way to the top.  Thank goodness, Daddy found her shoe.

Here was the beautiful view of God's creation we had at lunchtime.

Daddy and I took a short nap.  Short, as in about two seconds.

On the way down the mountain, Mommy lost a piece of her hiking pole, and I was the only one to notice that, just like her missing snowshoe.  I'm telling you, if I didn't take care of my parents, they'd be in big trouble.

At the bottom of the mountain, we went sledding.  Click on this picture to see how happy we were while we sledded.

Thanks, Ella, for sharing your sleds!

Later, we walked around a little town.  I told Mommy and Daddy about all the letters on the signs, and then we found a toy store.  The nice lady shared her train table with me, and she even gave me a green balloon to take home!

I fell asleep reading my Bible on the way home.  What a great day at the snow!

1 comment:

The VM Family said...

Yay! Sledding...I love it!

Love, Ella