More Hawaii


Hanalei valley again!

We spent quite a bit of time reading in our little condo, enjoying the breeze and ocean view.  This was Jeff's favorite spot for reading.  Since he likes to tease me about how fast I read, here's the list of what I read on our trip (just for him:)  The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers, books #1 and #2 of The Zion Chronicles by Bodie Thoene, and I started The Last Days by Joel Rosenberg.  I highly recommend The Zion Chronicles and plan to continue reading the series.  Although I'm a Francine Rivers fan, I wasn't crazy about The Scarlet Thread, at least compared to her other books.  I felt so spoiled having the time to read books!  I don't read a whole lot at home because I neglect everything else when I'm into a good story.

Here we are doing a little kayaking on the Wailua river.


2 comments:

The VM Family said...

Cute swimsuit! :) We're sure enjoying these Hawaii posts...almost feels like we were there too. Not really, but the pictures are amazing and the descriptions vivid.

How'd you get a pic of both you in the kayak? Was a random hula girl or pineapple farmer wandering by? :)

Gabriel and Dorothy said...

These pictures are fantastic. Amy, you look great. I'm so glad you guys were able to go on this trip. How fun!
The Zion Chronicles are terrific. I love everything I've ever read by the Thoenes. Have you read their series about the Depression?