Happy First Birthday to Me!

Today is a very exciting day. It's my first birthday! When Mommy and Daddy came to get me out of my crib this morning, they sang a special song with my name in it. It's called "Happy Birthday." It's a great song! I'm not really sure why they call this my first birthday, because it's not. Last year was my first birthday, but I think this one is going to be a lot more fun! Mommy thinks so, too.

For my birthday, I got to turn around in my car seat and face forward. Now I can watch what Mommy and Daddy are doing while we drive. And, after lunch, we are going to have some people come over and have cake and ice cream together. I can't wait to try that stuff. It's going to be a busy day! I might not get to show you what cake is like until tomorrow, but don't worry! I'll show you as soon as I can.

I'm posting a picture of what I looked like a year ago today (on my real first birthday.) I was born at 6:51 a.m. and weighed 8 lbs., 15 oz. and was 23" long. I have grown 9 inches and gained almost 13 lbs. since then. I was cute, but I was pretty boring, don't you think? I am a lot more interesting now and can do more fun things. This year will be even better than last year!

1 comment:

Emma Claire said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Jonathan!
We love you,
The Sawyers