33-week update (one more from Mommy)

Nothing new to report this week, which is great news as far as I'm concerned!  I had my appointment today and everything was fine.  I go back in two weeks.  Jonathan has been coming with me since he has wanted to hear the heartbeat.  We have just seven weeks left until the due date, and I'm thankful for every week the baby stays safe inside and keeps growing.  And, as you know, he/she could be ready earlier or later than the actual date.  We'll see.  


I'm trying to get the little details taken care of while I'm feeling decent.  The crib sheets, neutral size 0-3 mos. clothes, and covers for the car seat, swing, and bouncy seat are all washed.  My bag for the hospital is mostly packed, and the car seat base is installed in the car.  (I've had my first experience with LATCH now, and I learned that our car owner's manual recommends not putting a child in the middle of the back seat.  I had no idea!)  There are several other things that I want to do, but I'm pretty tired right now, so I'm not making as much progress as I'd like.  I'm just praying for safety for the baby and peace for myself.

4 comments:

The VM Family said...

Glad to hear everything is looking and sounding good. I remember that frustrating 3rd trimester dichotomy of wanting to accomplish so much, yet having such severe physical limitations. Let me know if you ever need any help or childcare!! :)

The Frugal Muse said...

Wow- you are getting so very close!! It sounds like everything that HAS to be done is already done- I'm impressed! Hope you're able to keep accomplishing enough to help you feel productive, but resting enough to get ready for the excitement that's coming. We're so happy for you guys!

Allison Bellomy said...

wow...you are on top of things! :) i still have to do ALL those things! this weekend most of those are on my 'to do' list. sounds like you have time to get some rest now...your little one will be here before you know it! so excited for yall!

Jennie said...

You're ahead of us. Poor baby doesn't have a crib yet and he'll be here in 12 days! That's what the bassinet is for... procrastinators!
But this child has no shortage of clothes, that's for certain (well, maybe a bit in the 0-3 month winter category, but it's no big deal since I don't think I'll be hauling all three of them out in the snow too often anyway). :-)