Almonds-from Mommy

Almond blossom time is my favorite time of year. It's a little bittersweet now, because it reminds me of Grandpa. He passed away last year on Feb. 28, the same day that I took these pictures. The almonds are a little late blooming this year, so they are still gorgeous while the peaches are starting to bloom, too. I'm sure my relatives who farm could tell you all about it, but I can only appreciate the beauty of the blossoms.

There's an orchard close to our house where I took these pictures of Jonathan last year. (It was one of the last orchards to bloom last year.) If you look at that link, you'll see Ella's comment-and I'll echo it here-how wonderful to have special friends here who have been our friends for a whole year! Today, Jonathan and I got out to take pictures in the orchard again, and I'll share them as soon as I get our computer back. The weather was perfect. We could hear the quiet buzz of the bees doing their work and smell the subtle sweetness of the blossoms. Last year, he wanted me to walk in the "hallway" of trees with him, and this year, he wanted to walk in the tractor tire tracks in each row of trees. I took a million cute pictures that I'll share soon. While we're waiting to get our computer back, you can enjoy the almond pictures on Ella's blog. Happy spring!

No comments: