A Shower

I went to my first baby shower today.  (I am usually not invited, but today I was!)  Mommy, Daddy, and I knew that we were invited to eat some cake to welcome our baby into the world, even though he/she is not here yet.  But we didn't know it would be a for-real baby shower!  Here's the yummy cake.  I think I had the biggest piece of cake I have ever seen, and it had strawberries in the middle!

We were all surprised to see that Daddy's coworkers had gotten together and brought lots of gifts for our baby, in addition to having the cake.  Mommy and Daddy are really thankful.  I didn't spend a lot of time being thankful.  I crawled under the table and made friends with Daddy's coworkers and played with my trains.  Here's the best gift we got:

A shirt for me to wear after the baby comes, just in case anyone forgets who the big brother is around here.  Thanks, everyone, for my shirt.  Oh, and Mommy and Daddy say "thanks" for all the generous gifts for our baby, too!

No comments: